Wednesday, September 5, 2007

If you don't have anything to say...

Post anyway!

Only a few minutes and not much to say so it'll be a short post.

I discovered to my chagrin on Monday that the unit I just completed with my sixth graders (prehistoric man and early farming) was supposed to take me six weeks. What? I could barely keep two weeks interesting! Come on!

So now a mad slowdown in curriculum is taking place, with the exception of the sevens. This is annoying because my sevens are the only class that might actually be considered behind, since it's the only class still in unit 1 and unit 1 isn't even technically in my standards.

Fine. If I have to slow down later and spend three days in Egypt on the alphabet alone, I will do that. But I'll be damned if my sixth grade is going to have to spend any more time on the role of the plow in the formation of early cities. "The hell with the role of the plow in the formation of early cities, that's our motto!"

PS. Is that my air conditioner beeping? What the heck?

No comments: