"She was adopted by Chung Wha to a lady from the Philippines who has had dogs previously, apparently she adores Annie and they are getting along like a house on fire."
So three cheers for our little girl! We will miss her very much. A brief highlight reel of the weirdness Annie has brought into our lives: (people who dislike self-indulgent descriptions of pets may skip this section)
1. When she welcomes you home, she barks so hard she flies backwards, like a cartoon character.
2. When she goes for a walk, she's so excited that she bites her shoulder harness and you can't get it on her. You have to distract her by giving her the leash, which she then shakes around, growling ferociously, like she's trying to snap its neck.
3. If you bend down to pet her, she throws herself to the floor because she thinks you're going to hit her. Six months with us did not break this reflex. Hopefully it will fade with time.
4. Sock thieving. We never did figure out what that was about.
5. She once stole a bag of bread and hid it in her bed, but never ate it.
We intend to foster another dog this year, because there's always need over there and we're always happier when we have a dog. But there will always be a special place in our hearts, and on our blogs, for Annie.