Monday, March 31, 2008

His Room is Next to Mine!: Math Teacher Celebrity Watch

Our very own Shelby J. Bryant had the Song of the Day over at NPR two weeks back, a made-over take on the song "Doll on a Music Box" from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Witness the awesome here.

I believe now would be an appropriate time to submit requests for other 1960s children's songs that we would like remade, as the article says, a la Saturnian Lounge Band. As much as I would like to hear, say, "Supercalifragilistiexpialidocius" (think about it; it gets more awesome every time) I would hate to pass up on the rest of the gold mine that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang has to offer. I mean, APIS is certainly the Posh Posh Traveling Life. This is Korea - what better inspiration for "Me Ole Bamboo?" And I'm not even going to get started on the role of Kimchi in "Toot Sweets." Unless by saying I wouldn't, I just did.

Anyway, I joke because I can't help it, but I don't want to take away from the fact that there are many, many songs out there, and having his picked by NPR is a pretty sweet tribute to the Shelbmeister. So congratulations, Shelby!

Add: Undermining my last point, I have to submit this other video I found while looking for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang clips. Verdict: That movie was Messed. Up.

No comments: