Saturday, September 1, 2007

Whew! What a week!

Sorry there haven't been any posts since Thursday. It's been one crazy week! Not only was Parents' Night pretty draining (I can give more details if you e-mail me, but for privacy reasons I can't really write much about it online), but some of the kids seem to have finally come out of their shells this week--and not in a good way! We actually had one kid, heretofore pretty quiet, sent to the principal's office five times in six hours yesterday (Friday). And while energy was pretty high in my literature circles, it was also a bit tough to keep the kids focused and on-task.

So, yes, while I totally intended to post before now, I spent most of yesterday simply surviving, and I spent most of today asleep. (Aside from a tasty lunch of dongaas--fried pork donkatsu--and buckwheat noodles in ice broth.) Which isn't bad, since it was a pretty dreary day today (cool and rainy), and we certainly weren't up to schlepping out to any museums in town.

No comments: